Get your free asbestos removal quote today!
Contact our Asbestos Removal Mackay Team and get the best Asbestos Removal Mackay services at value costs.
Get your free asbestos removal quote today!
Asbestos removal for home and commercial needs
Even up to the present day, asbestos is still embedded in the offices we work in, the homes we live in and the schools we are educated in. It is important to make the right decision when it comes to removing asbestos. This carcinogenic substance is a potential health hazard to humans. Prolonged exposure to asbestos can cause severe lung illnesses such as lung cancer, asbestosis and mesothelioma.
The removal of asbestos has to be done with great care due to the hazardous properties of this substance. Government regulations advise hiring a licensed contractor who is capable of performing a safe and reliable removal job.
If you need excellent asbestos removal services, contact Asbestos Watch Mackay . Our Asbestos Removal Mackay Team have an A-class licence and years of experience in performing asbestos removal jobs in residential, commercial and industrial settings.
Why you need to contact us?
- Our Asbestos Removal Mackay Team are equipped with new and modern equipment to perform the job properly.
- We will supervise the work to ensure that the removal jobs are carried out in accordance with national and local laws.
- Our Asbestos Removal Mackay Team strive to deliver the desired result at a value cost to you.
Asbestos: uses, types, & licence requirements
In Australia, asbestos was extensively used as a building material. Many buildings that were built before the 1990s may still have asbestos within and thus pose possible health risks to the building occupants. Prolonged exposure to asbestos fibres can lead to the development of numerous diseases such as asbestosis, mesothelioma, and lung cancer.
Since 2003, Australia has banned the use of friable and non-friable asbestos. Here are the differences between friable and non-friable asbestos:
- Friable asbestos is a material that can be crushed by hand pressure and turned into powder when in a dry state. A friable asbestos material can easily become airborne and contaminate the environment. This kind of asbestos material poses a higher risk to people’s health.
- Non-friable asbestos often consists of a mixture of asbestos fibres with other materials such as cement, in which the fibres are firmly bound in the material’s matrix. This type of asbestos was used for floor vinyl sheeting, wall sheeting, eaves, fencing, and others. A non-friable asbestos material may potentially become a health risk when it is damaged or disturbed.
The Australian government highly recommends you to hire a licensed removalist to remove both non-friable and friable asbestos from your premises. Two types of licences have been established by the Australian Work Health and Safety (WHS), which are A-class and B-class licences.
- A-class licensed asbestos removalists are allowed to remove all types of asbestos (Friable and non-friable asbestos) (Asbestos Watch is A Class).
- B-class licensed asbestos removalists can only remove non-friable materials.
For further information, check the links below:
Asbestos has caused death to many people. Make sure you protect your family from asbestos. To find out more on how to save your loved ones from asbestos, check out our asbestos testing Mackay. Always be smart and be safe.
Asbestos removal services
Our Asbestos Removal Mackay Team provide a wide range of services including a pre-inspection and a complete removal of asbestos materials from your premises.
A pre-inspection in any domestic, commercial, and government premises
Our Asbestos Removal Mackay Team can do a detailed inspection and record all locations of suspect materials, where asbestos may be present. If required, we will deliver a written report and ensure that the report is available for people residing in the building. Our Asbestos Removal Mackay Team will identify whether the asbestos materials need to be removed or left undisturbed.
Total removal of asbestos
After an inspection, our team of experts will perform the removal job in the area where damaged asbestos material was identified. When the Asbestos Removal Mackay Team performs these processes to remove asbestos:
- Our Asbestos Removal Mackay Team will wear appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) and P2 masks when handling asbestos materials.
- We will limit access to the contaminated area, installing barricades and displaying signs to indicate that an asbestos removal work is being carried out.
- After the contaminated material is removed, we will wrap it within a 200-micron thick plastic.
Decontamination and air clearance
After the removal work has been completed, our Asbestos Removal Mackay Team may carry out air clearance if required. We can also issue a clearance certificate to ensure that the area can be re-occupied, if required.
Disposal of asbestos waste
All equipment (clothing, mask, dustsheets and any other disposable items) will be wrapped in a 200-micron thick plastic before being disposed of. Afterwards, our Asbestos Removal Mackay Team will locate the nearest EPA-licensed facility that can accept asbestos waste and dispose of the waste lawfully. You will receive the final written report after all the procedures are finished.
If you are seeking peace of mind, contact Asbestos Watch Mackay today. Our Asbestos Removal Mackay Team will perform quality asbestos removal works at your premises and deliver the desired results to you, our client. Fill in our quote form or call us directly to get a free quote for at convenience.